THE BEST COOK-OFF 2022!
Thank you for your interest in the 2nd Annual BCCC Chili Contest!
- Event Date: 10.28.23
- Location: Bent County Community Center (1214 Ambassador Thompson Blvd. Las Animas.CO.81054)
- Fee= $20.00 entry / per division (please pay your fee by 9.30.23/ cash only please) receipt will be available. Please pay the fee at the front desk of the BC Community Center. (Adress: 1214 Ambassador Thompson Blvd. Las Animas.CO. 81054)
- The public will be allowed to taste small samples of your dish for the "People's Choice" Division Please provide your own sample containers. The BCCC can provide some for a small fee.
- Deadline: 9.30.23
- Cancellation after 9.30.23 receive a 50% refund.
- BEST CHILE: This division will consist of BEST GREEN CHILI / BEST RED CHILI/ BEST OVERALL / PEOPLES CHOICE
- NO FEE FOR PEOPLES CHOICE AND BEST OVERALL. ALL ENTRIES WOULD PARTICIPATE IN THESE DIVISIONS, IF THEY CHOSE.
- AWARDS > MEDAL FOR 2ND AND 3RD. A PLAQUE FOR 1ST PLACE IN EACH DIVISION AND THE " BEST CHILI" OVERALL AND "PEOPLES CHOICE".
- PRIZE MONEY$> PAYOUT> 1ST =40% / 2ND=30% / 3RD =15% (15% to the BCCC)
- Best Chili> Green and Red
- Check in at 10am> front desk of the community center.
- Set up> The contest will take place on the stage of the BCCC. We will have a table with your name, and you can set up at your convenience and please bring your own extension cord. Please be prepared by 10:30 to offer samples for judging.
- 11a-1130a- "People's Choice" voting (most votes wins)
- 11:30a-12p- "Red Chile" judging and awards.
- 12p-1230p- "Green Chili" judging and awards.
- TOP 2 places get a medal, and the winner receives a plaque.
- Top 3 in each division share a portion of the entry fees.